A prism that has 5 rectangular faces and 2 parallel pentagonal bases is a pentagonal prism. So you are given the apothem length(a), base length(b) and height(h) of the pentagonal prism. you have to find the surface area and the volume of the Pentagonal Prism.
Input : a=3, b=5, h=6 Output :surface area=225, volume=225 Input : a=2, b=3, h=5 Output :surface area=105, volume=75
In this figure,
a– apothem length of the Pentagonal Prism.
b– base length of the Pentagonal Prism.
h– height of the Pentagonal Prism.
Formulas:Below are the formulas for calculating the surface area and the volume of the Pythagonal Prism.
# Python 3 program to find surface area
# and volume of the Pentagonal Prism
# function for surface area
def surfaceArea(a, b, h):
return 5 * a * b + 5 * b * h
# function for VOlume
def volume(b, h):
return (5 * b * h) / 2
# Driver Code
if __name__ == ‘__main__’:
a = 5
b = 3
h = 7
print(“surface area =”, surfaceArea(a, b, h),
“,”, “volume =”, volume(b, h))
# This code is contributed by
surface area= 180, volume= 52.5
- Surface Area and Volume of Hexagonal Prism
- Program to calculate the Surface Area of a Triangular Prism
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Program to find the Volume of a Triangular Prism
- Calculate volume and surface area of a cone
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
- Calculate volume and surface area of Torus
- Program to find the surface area of the square pyramid
- Program to find the Area and Volume of Icosahedron
- Program for Surface Area of Octahedron
- Program for Surface area of Dodecahedron
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.