Given the length of diagonal ‘d1’ of a rhombus and a side ‘a’, the task is to find the area of that rhombus.
A rhombus is a polygon having 4 equal sides in which both the opposite sides are parallel, and opposite angles are equal.
Input: d = 15, a = 10 Output: 99.21567416492215 Input: d = 20, a = 18 Output: 299.3325909419153
- Get the diagonal ‘d1’ and side ‘a’ of the rhombus
- We know that,
- But since we don’t know the other diagonal d2, we cannot use this formula yet
- So we first find the second diagonal d2 with the help of d1 and a
- Now we can use the area formula to compute the area of the Rhombus
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of a rhombus whose diagonals are given
- Find the area of rhombus from given Angle and Side length
- Length of diagonals of a Rhombus using length of Side and vertex Angle
- Area of a Square | Using Side, Diagonal and Perimeter
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Calculate area of pentagon with given diagonal
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Maximum sum of elements in a diagonal parallel to the main diagonal of a given Matrix
- Length of a Diagonal of a Parallelogram using the length of Sides and the other Diagonal
- Find the area of quadrilateral when diagonal and the perpendiculars to it from opposite vertices are given
- Java Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Area of hexagon with given diagonal length
- Area of a n-sided regular polygon with given side length
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of Trapezium
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.