Given the length of diagonal ‘d1’ of a rhombus and a side ‘a’, the task is to find the area of that rhombus.
A rhombus is a polygon having 4 equal sides in which both the opposite sides are parallel, and opposite angles are equal.
Input: d = 15, a = 10 Output: 99.21567416492215 Input: d = 20, a = 18 Output: 299.3325909419153
- Get the diagonal ‘d1’ and side ‘a’ of the rhombus
- We know that,
- But since we don’t know the other diagonal d2, we cannot use this formula yet
- So we first find the second diagonal d2 with the help of d1 and a
- Now we can use the area formula to compute the area of the Rhombus
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of a rhombus whose diagonals are given
- Calculate area of pentagon with given diagonal
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Java Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate the area of Kite
- Program to calculate Area Of Octagon
- Program to calculate area of Enneagon
- Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of Trapezium
- Program to calculate the area between two Concentric Circles
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate area of Circumcircle of an Equilateral Triangle
- Program to calculate the Surface Area of a Triangular Prism
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of equilateral triangle
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.