Oracle Interview Experience (On-Campus for APPS Profile) September 2019
It was an MCQ round with 4 sections and each section has its different subsection. We are supposed to choose which section to solve first. Total time is 120 minutes.
The topics include aptitude, verbal, logical reasoning, technical subjects like OS, DBMS, Computer Networks, Data Structures, etc. There are some output based questions too based on AVL tree, Red-Black tree, etc. The main concern is to look for time. Questions are of Moderate to a high level.
After round 1 all others are face to face interview and each round is elimination round. After our interview, the interviewer will tell us to wait for the next round or we are done for the day.
They shortlisted 35 candidates for APPS role and 70 candidates for SERVER TECHNOLOGY out of 250-300 candidates.
It was face to face interview. First, he started with Introduce yourself, my interest in Computer Science, in which language I’m familiar with(mine was Python and C++).
Then he asked me a few questions.
- What are a compiler and translator?
- To write two SQL quires one is to find the students who are having greater than 7 CGPA and department is computer science second one to sort the students according to their CGPA.
- Write the code to print odd and even numbers, swapping of numbers.
- Given an array, I have to find the length of the array ( length(array) ) manually without using any of the functions (solution is to declare count=0 check for ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException in the for condition, in the for loop count++, if the array reaches the out of bund then return the count value).
- What are major components in oops(encapsulation, abstraction, Polymorphism, inheritance).
The interviewer has my pages on which I worked in the previous interview.
- Given a number check whether the number is a/in Fibonacci series
- Puzzle- There are 25 horses among which you need to find out the fastest 3 horses. You can conduct race among at most 5 to find out their relative speed. At no point, you can find out the actual speed of the horse in a race. Find out how many minimum races are required to get the top 3 horses.
Then he discussed my projects and he asked me to explain what I have done and went very deep into my projects like I have done the IoT project the interviewer asked me if I want to implement it in a data structure which data structure should I use and every corner cases of the project.
And if any questions.
The interviewer started to Introduce yourself and projects to discuss. My area of interests and my hobbies (mine was painting and I have done a lot of creative things in painting and pencil art from my schools days).
And if any questions.
In the HR round they asked some formal questions to me.
- Tell me about yourself
- Why Oracle?
- About Higher Studies.
- Tell about your family.
- Then he asked me about which job location you prefer?
- If another company offers the same CTC then which one will you choose
Tips: Go through All Archives of Oracle from GeeksforGeeks. Almost everything is present there. The most important thing is to stay calm and confident and answer the question with accuracy as possible.
- When you are stuck at some part of the algorithm ask them for hints (They are generally helpful)
- Avoid saying I cannot solve it / I don’t know, give it a try and ask for help if necessary (Past Experience).
Out of 105 students, they took 15 students, 11 students for Server Technology and 4 students for Application Developer role and I was one among the 4 students (Application Developer). I thank GeeksforGeeks for its assistance in preparation for placements.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.