Oracle Interview Experience for Member of Technical Staff (On-Campus)
Recently Oracle has visited our campus for hiring final year students for a full-time role. It was open for the Member of Technical Staff position. The selection process consisted of 4 rounds. The cut-off was 7.0 CGPA & above and CSE, IT and ENTC departments can only apply.
There were a total of 4 rounds which include 1 online test and 3 interview rounds conducted in Zoom.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1(Online Test): It was an online MCQ test.
- The test comprised of questions from DSA, DBMS, OS, logical reasoning, Flow chart analysis, etc.
- There was no negative marking but the time limits were very strict and also there was no going back and forth in between questions. So keep an eye on the timer and solve as many as you can but try to attempt all the questions.
After this round, around 38 students were shortlisted for the interviews.
Round 2(Technical Round 1): The interviewer introduced himself first then he asked me to introduce myself.
- Then he has asked me the disadvantages of inheritance, type of inheritance in java.
- Next, he has asked me whether java supports overloading or overriding and after that, I have to explain to him the example of overloading and overriding in code on notepad.
- Then he gave me a coding problem statement which was to search an element from an array and I have to write a recursive code for it.
- Then he asked me if I had any questions. I asked 1 question related to the company’s work culture
Round 3(Technical Round 2): The interviewer asked me to introduce myself. I have also explained my recent project to her very briefly. She seemed very impressed with my project.
- Then the interviewer has asked me all the questions related to my project. As my project was related to java and database the interviewer has asked questions based on that only.
- Then she asked me if I had any questions.
Round 4(Technical Round 3 + HR): The interviewer asked me to introduce myself. I also explained my recent project to him very briefly.
- The Interviewer asked me how my day has been.
- Further, has asked some technical questions which were – types of hashing, what is hashing, what is the need for hashing
- Next he gave me a situation and I have to tell him what I would have done in that situation. Situation was – “It’s 8 PM and your college head informs you that next day you have to arrange an event for teacher’s day. How will you manage the event in such a short period of time? ” After this he asked me to tell the biggest failure in my life.
- Then he has asked me some questions on the Database, questions were – What is normalization, Difference between 3NF and BCNF, What is denormalization.
- Next, he has asked me if I know cloud as I had cloud in my curriculum I said yes. Then based on that he has asked me questions related to cloud which were – to tell different types of cloud, the difference between IaaS and PaaS, and what are the different terms that I know in cloud.
Verdict: A total of 7 students were selected and I was one of them.
- Practice for the 1st round beforehand, solve MCQs, and practice problems on BST and AVL trees.
- Before going to interview read your resume , also see your revise your project once.
- Study DBMS, OS, and OOPs properly.
- Stay positive and confident.