Optum-UHG Interview Experience for Internship (On-Campus 2019)
Optum(UHG) visited our campus on 14th August 2019 for the position of SDE Intern at multiple locations. There were 3 rounds for selection in the company. Around 600 students gave the first round -online test.
Round 1 (Online Test): The first round was an online test conducted on CoCubes which comprised 2 sections that had to be solved in a duration of 1hr.
- Section 1: There were 30 MCQ which had to be solved in 30 minutes. The first 20 MCQ were based on Visual Reasoning and Comprehension based logical reasoning questions with some Quant part mixed in it. The last 10 questions were based on maths and data interpretation.
- Section 2: This section had to be solved in 30 minutes and consisted of 2 coding questions. Both the questions were very easy and could be solved using a brute force approach. (one question was to find the sum of numbers in an array which are at prime indexes)
Tips: Try to solve the last 10 questions first as they are easy to solve because it takes too much time to solve the first 20 questions and there is a high chance that you might know the answer to the last questions but you won’t have enough time for them. Also, practice some Einstein riddle problems.
After the first round, 60 students including me were shortlisted for the next round which was a development based round.
Round 2 (Technical Interview Round-1): This round was a technical interview round. The interviewer asked me to give a brief introduction about myself. I started my introduction by telling most of them that were written on my CV.
- He interrupted me and started the discussion on IoT, what is IoT? What are the recent technologies that are using IoT and what is the future of IoT, where do you see IoT being used and in which industries?
- Then he started his stopwatch on his phone and said: “Let’s play a game, you have 5 mins, and he asked me to explain completely one of my projects which were mentioned in my CV”. Fortunately, I was able to explain it.
- He then asked me do you know what is JSON (since I used it in my project)? Then he asked what is the difference between JSON and XML and why JSON is more preferred in the industry as compared to XML. Then finally he gave some good advice and ended the interview on a good note.
After this round, only 30 students including me were shortlisted for the next round which was an HR round
Round 3 (HR Round): In this round, the interviewer asked me some common HR questions
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why do you want to join Optum?
- Do you have any Location constraints?
Then she explained to me the entire internship process, how things work, and how teams and locations are decided.
Finally, the company selected all the 30 students from the campus. Fortunately, I was one of them to be selected as an intern for the world’s largest healthcare company
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!