UHG Optum Interview Experience for SDE-1 (On-Campus)
Recently, Optum(UHG) visited our campus for the position of Full time SDE, Data Analyst and Data scientist.
There were 3 rounds for the selection and total, 14 people out of 150+ are selected and I am happy to say, I am one of them and here I am sharing my interview experience.
Round 1(Online Test): Duration: 1:30 hour
- This round consists of 2 sections:
- Questions related to aptitude having 50 questions total + 1 question is of coding.
- There were total 4 sections in which aptitude divides – 1) verbal ability 2) logical 3) Abstract 4) reasoning
- Everyone got a different coding question.
- I did around 40+aptitude question and complete coding problem.
- Overall this round was easy-medium, and 54 students qualified for the next round.
Round 2(Technical Interview): 40 min
- This round was mostly resume-based.
- She asked me about my both projects which I mentioned and then questioned about the tech-stack, database which I used, why and all related stuff and actually, she was impressed with my project idea which boosts me for further process.
- Then she shifts on my skill set-> and asked about DSA, OOPS concepts, basics of Java, SQL, and all accomplishments which I mentioned.
- Then, She also wants to know from me the basics of low-level design and test me just by giving a problem whether i am aware or not.
- and At last, she asked me about some latest technologies like ML, AI, Big data, cloud computing, etc and we discussed them for the last 4-5 min.
Round 3(HR Round – Telephonic): This is very short round of 5-10 minutes in which She asked me about the experience of all rounds, my family background, which location I would prefer to join.
In total, 14 students were selected finally.
Note: They focused more on OOPs, projects & DBMS.