1st Round – This was an online coding exam consisting of 3 questions from DS/Algo and 3 questions on SQL. The difficulty level was medium, the overall time to solve all the questions was 2 hours.
2nd Round – This was the first technical interview, it started with a basic introduction and about what I was doing in my last job.
- Given an array, A and a number x, check for pair in A with sum as x
- Virtual Functions, How Compiler works?
- Types of Schedules in DBMS
- Indexing in DBMS.
- Difference between runtime and compile-time polymorphism with example.
3rd Round – This was the second technical interview, it started with a basic introduction like last time. He started with the first question –
- Count all triplets whose sum is equal to a perfect cube
- Find Union and Intersection of two unsorted arrays
- Reverse a linked list
- Counting the frequency of people’s ages in a set of million datasets.
(Practice questions related to hashing).
Few more SQL queries involving joins.
4th Round – This was the third technical interview, it started with a basic introduction like last time. He started with the first question –
- Find distance between two nodes of a Binary Tree
- It involved solving the Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Tree
And then there were 2 queries which were comparatively easier as compared to the last rounds.
5th Round – This was a managerial/behavioral round. It again started with a basic introduction and then we started discussing the projects I’ve worked on and why I am shifting so soon from my previous job. He then shifted to these questions
- Difference between TCP/UDP.
- How does the C + + compiler work?
- If you have to implement MS-Excel using a Data Structure, how would you do that?
- Involving deletion and addition of rows and columns.
- Some questions related to compiler design.
- Can an Abstract class contain a non-abstract method?
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.