Multitenancy in Cloud computing
Multitenancy in Cloud computing :
Multitenancy is a type of software architecture where a single software instance can serve multiple distinct user groups.It means that multiple customer’s of cloud vendor are using same computing resources . As they are sharing same computing resources but the data of each Cloud customer is kept totally separate and secure. It is very important concept of Cloud Computing.
In cloud computing Multitenancy also refer as shared host where same resources are divided among different customer’s.
For Example :
The example of multitenancy is same as working of Bank . Multiple people can store money in the one same bank .But every customer asset is totally different like one customer cannot have access to the other customer’s money and account and different customer’s are not aware about each other’s account balance and details etc.
Advantages of Multitenancy :
- Use of Available resources is maximized by sharing resources.
- Customer’s Cost of Physical Hardware System is reduces.
- It reduce usage of physical devices and thus power consumption and cooling cost save.
- Save Vendor’s cost as it become difficult for cloud vendor to provide separate Physical Services to each individual.
Disadvantages of Multitenancy :
- As data is stored in third party services , this reduces security of our data and put it into vulnerable condition .
- Unauthorized access will cause damage of data.