1st Round :- (1 hr)
- There is a graph where each node represents a city and it contains specific no. of people. A tournament is going on and each match is playing in one city. All city’s people gather to watch match. Traffic department wants to manage how many people travel through city x if match is playing in city y for each x. City x and y can be any city.
Code & edge case
Soln :- DFS with optimization O(n)
- Torch problem : There is a bridge and N no. people takes (a1,a2,—an) time to cross it and there are K torch and at any time x no of people can pass the bridge and it takes maximum of x people to cross it. Minimum time required to cross it.
Devise algo and write down code
Solution :- Sort array take x min pass it from one end to another. Bring min among them to one side send x maximum to other side and again bring 2nd min from other side again send x max follow it in cyclic way If all x min reached to one end again send x min to another side. DS used Dequeue.
2nd Round :- (1hr)
- Program to calculate x^y in log(y) .
There focus is on all edge case he want me to write down all test case and validate my code.
- Design bus booking system:- Each row has x seat. If customer wants K seats if you have K consecutive seats available, reserve them. Otherwise give seats from any row.
Focus on DS & code
Solution :- Create adjacency list like 1 seat available in which row. 2 seats available in which row and so on and do the operation for each reserve call
3rd Round :- (1.5hr )
- Change characters of strings to another set of characters in place. You can increase length of string one time.
Focus on Code & Edge case
- An array is increasing upto a number and then decreasing find the the pivot number.
All edge case & program. Your program should handle all edge case.
I propose if it contain duplicate Or if whole array is large it can’t fit into memory and their solution.
They wanted to see about edge case being handled.
- E-commerce architecture related to my past experience. I had taken marker and explained it on white board. It will give you more advantage .
4th Round :-(1hr)
- String matching problem one string contains wildcard characters. Code & edge case & recursive diagram. All test case and validate it .
- Maximum length of Sub-array contain increasing then decreasing . Code & Edge case
5th Round :- Engineering Manager (45 min)
- Design a crawler to fetch code from n system and merge it
Speak aloud what are you thinking about..
- Class design, Operation, Entity
Solution : Like Github with version & Conflict & Backup & Job
Engineering Manager really impressed with my Scalable design approach
6th Round :- Hiring Manager (1hr)
- There are n no of pages and when a user visits page x it is writing in a log file. Recommend each user a page from his past experience .
Solution : Treat page as a node and weight is how many times he visited from page x to page y. Maintain map of user and adjacency list and do the operation.
Code & edge case & Most important they try to create some hostile environment to judge you how much you are fit for any environment & But if you tackle it they are very friendly.
Tips : Ask questions if you have any confusion .
Thanks to GeeksForGeeks. Whole process took around 1 month .
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 | 3+ years Experienced
- Groupon Interview Experience | Set 4 (SDE2 for Experienced)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Ixigo Interview Experienced for SDE2 Backend
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 (3 years exp)
- Microsoft IDC interview Experience | Set 47 (For 1.7 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 48 (For 1.5 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 109 (2 years experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 111 (For 1.5 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 112 (For 4.5 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 115 (4 Years Experienced for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 154 (For 1.5 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft interview experience: | Set 167 (7 Years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview | Set 114 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | (SDE-2 for 3 Years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (3 years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Software Engineer-2 | 3+ years experienced
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Hyderabad Office Team(2 years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (2-3 years Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Senior Software Engineer (4 Years Experienced)