Given an integer x and a positive number y, write a function that computes xy under following conditions.
a) Time complexity of the function should be O(Log y)
b) Extra Space is O(1)
Input: x = 3, y = 5 Output: 243 Input: x = 2, y = 5 Output: 32
We strongly recommend that you click here and practice it, before moving on to the solution.
We have discussed recursive O(Log y) solution for power. The recursive solutions are generally not preferred as they require space on call stack and they involve function call overhead.
Following is implementation to compute xy.
Power is 243
This article is contributed by Udit Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Write a program to calculate pow(x,n)
- Write a program to reverse digits of a number
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Write a program to print all permutations of a given string
- Write a program to add two numbers in base 14
- Write you own Power without using multiplication(*) and division(/) operators
- Write a function that generates one of 3 numbers according to given probabilities
- Euler's Totient Function
- Euler's Totient function for all numbers smaller than or equal to n
- Reverse and Add Function
- Optimized Euler Totient Function for Multiple Evaluations
- Inbuilt function for calculating LCM in C++
- One line function for factorial of a number
- Print powers using Anonymous Function in Python