Java Program to Compare Elements in a Collection
A Collection is a group of individual objects represented as a single unit. Java provides Collection Framework which defines several classes and interfaces to represent a group of objects as a single unit.
Input : List = [3, 5, 18, 4, 6] Output: Min value of our list : 3 max value of our list : 18 Input : List = ['a', 'a', 'a'] Output: All elements are equal
- Take inputs in the list.
- Create two variables, minimum and maximum.
- Use Collections.min() method and store the return value in min variable.
- Use Collections.max() method and store the return value in max variable.
- If the minimum and maximum variables are equal then print Equal elements.
- Else print minimum and maximum variables.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Min value of our list : 3 Max value of our list : 18
Time Complexity: O(N), where N is the length of the list.