Ion Group Interview Experience for Technical Analyst Role | On-Campus 2022
Ion Group came to our college to hire freshers of the 2021-2022 batch for the role of Technical analyst. There was a total of 6 rounds of online tests and interviews.
Round 1: Online Test
- The first round was an online test that consisted of basic aptitude questions.
- This round was an easy one.
Round 2: Coding Round
- The second round consisted of 2 coding questions (intermediate to advanced level). Each coding question consisted of 3 visible test cases and 17 hidden test cases.
- To get the question fully accepted, we needed to pass all the test cases correctly.
- I was able to solve one question completely and the second question partially and I was selected for the next round. A total of 65 students were selected after this round.
Round 3: Technical Interview
- The third round was 90 minutes of one-on-one experience with the interviewer. He first introduced himself and then asked me to introduce myself.
- He made me very comfortable by asking some general questions about how am I feeling. He then started with one of my projects and asked me about it. He asked me about my role in that particular project and how did I cope up with a team.
- He then asked me a coding question in python(it was an easy one) and then asked me 3 puzzles
- Rat and the Cats
- Hourglass Problem and
- 100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats
- He asked me to take time and think loud so that he can know how am I reaching the solutions. He gave me enough time to think and to finally come to solutions.
- He then asked me to write a few SQL queries and asked a few basic DBMS questions.
Round 4 :
- The fourth round was a case study round. 10-15 students were selected after the 3 rounds. In this round, we were given a case study and were asked to read it while the interviewer was sharing her screen.
- Followed by this case study there were a few questions given and I was asked to answer one of them by my choice. This round was basically meant to see my problem-solving skills.
- The results of round 4 were announced and in the fifth round I was basically interviewed about my projects and my role in that particular project and how do I look forward to expanding my project.
- This round basically tested that how will I survive in an industry where there is so much competition.
- The results of round 5 were announced and three students were selected for the final round with the country head and director of ION Group.
- This was the final round and basically, we were told about the company and our role in the company. We were asked a few basic questions about ourselves so that we could know each other well.
The results were declared after three days and all three of us were selected.