Breadth First Search (BFS) has been discussed in this article which uses adjacency list for the graph representation. In this article, adjacency matrix will be used to represent the graph.
Adjacency matrix representation: In adjacency matrix representation of a graph, the matrix mat of size n*n (where n is the number of vertices) will represent the edges of the graph where mat[i][j] = 1 represents that there is an edge between the vertices i and j while mat[i][i] = 0 represents that there is no edge between the vertices i and j.
Below is the adjcaency matrix representation of the graph shown in the above image:
0 1 2 3 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 0
Input: source = 0 Output: 0 1 2 3 Input: source = 1 Output:1 0 2 3 4
- Create a matrix of size n*n where every element is 0 representing there is no edge in the graph.
- Now, for every edge of the graph between the vertices i and j set mat[i][j] = 1.
- After the adjacency matrix has been created and filled, find the BFS traversal of the graph as desribed in this post.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
0 1 2 3
- Implementation of DFS using adjacency matrix
- Kruskal's Algorithm (Simple Implementation for Adjacency Matrix)
- Prim's Algorithm (Simple Implementation for Adjacency Matrix Representation)
- Strassen’s Matrix Multiplication Algorithm | Implementation
- DFS for a n-ary tree (acyclic graph) represented as adjacency list
- Prim’s MST for Adjacency List Representation | Greedy Algo-6
- Dijkstra’s Algorithm for Adjacency List Representation | Greedy Algo-8
- Minimum number of steps to convert a given matrix into Upper Hessenberg matrix
- Minimum steps required to convert the matrix into lower hessenberg matrix
- Minimum number of steps to convert a given matrix into Diagonally Dominant Matrix
- Check if matrix can be converted to another matrix by transposing square sub-matrices
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
- Circular Matrix (Construct a matrix with numbers 1 to m*n in spiral way)
- Maximize sum of N X N upper left sub-matrix from given 2N X 2N matrix
- Program to check if a matrix is Binary matrix or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.