The Audio networkState property is used to return the current network state of the audio.
Return Value: The Audio networkState returns a number which may have the following values:
- 0 = NETWORK_EMPTY: It states that the audio has not yet been initialized.
- 1 = NETWORK_IDLE: It states that the audio is active and has selected a resource, but is not using the network.
- 2 = NETWORK_LOADING: It states that the browser is downloading data.
- 3 = NETWORK_NO_SOURCE: It states that no audio source is found.
Below program illustrates the Audio networkState Property in HTML DOM:
Example: Getting the current network state of the audio.
- Before Clicking the button:
- After clicking the button
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by DOM Audio networkState property are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- Firefox 3.5
- Apple Safari