HP recently visited our campus on for campus recruitments.
Profile offered: R&D engineer.
Round 1: Online Round 75min.
20 Aptitude Questions,
20 Technical Questions and
8 OOPS Questions(CPP or Java).
Level of Aptitude was a bit tough, and technical questions were also
From among 1100+ students, they shortlisted 38.
Round 2: Technical Interview (45 mins)
# Firstly, he asked me why we need different data structures for different applications. Explain with examples.
# then he asked me to explain how do we calculate shortest path in a graph ( dijkstra’s algo) and kruskal’s algo.
# then he asked me do I know OS and asked about virtual memory, paging, logical to physical address mapping,
# then he asked questions about how transactions works in DBMS, redo log in oracle, ACID properties. Locking mechanisms in transaction.
# sliding window protocol in computer networks.
# asked about my projects.
Round 3: Managerial and Technical Round(30 min)
# why do u want to work for HP
# then he gave me some conditions one of which is, if I m assigned a task by my boss to complete it within a week and I have no idea what is the task about!
He asked me what will I do!
# he asked me about my areas of interest, then he asked me to write a php program to reverse my name and how to define constant in php.
# when a source program is compiled, what happens in background.
Round 4: HR round:
He asked me about my family background,
What are my failures?
What are my weaknesses?
Any plan for higher studies?
The very next day, the results were out and I was selected.
Hope this helps.
All the best!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)