We would explain the installation of MongoDB in steps. Before you install, I would suggest everyone use ide spyder, Anaconda.
Step 1 -> Install the community Edition
Step 2 -> Run the installed MongoDB windows installer package that you just downloaded.
MongoDB get installed here->
Step 3 -> Let’s set MongoDB environment
- (a) Create data directory where all data is stored.
On C: drive create a folder data inside it create a folder db
(b) To start MongoDB
Wait till the connection message appears
(c) Verify Environment Path or set path if not correctly set
Open environment variables, you can search this by windows search.
Open Environment Variable under the System variables section open Path.
This would look like this.
Add the path of bin folder as shown in the image above.
(d) To Connect to MongoDB
Open other command prompt and run->
Step 4-> Ready MongoDB
Open Command Prompt(Admin mode) type->
NOTE : Till step 4 MongoDB will work only when the Command Prompt is open and it’s listening.
Now we’ll see Extension to make it better.
Below steps from step 5 to step 8 are optional :
Step 5-> Open command prompt and run-
mkdir c:\data\db mkdir c:\data\log
Step 6-> Create a configuration file at C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\mongod.cfg (name of file mongod.cfg)
systemLog: destination: file path: c:\data\log\mongod.log storage: dbPath: c:\data\db
This can be created and saved in Admin mode of Notepad or Notepad++ or any other editor to run notepad admin mode press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Admin mode of notepad will let you create mongod.cfg and save above text file.
Step 7 -> Install the MongoDB service by starting mongod.exe with the –install option and the -config option to specify the previously created configuration file.
Now run this command on command prompt
"C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\bin\mongod.exe" --config "C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\3.4\mongod.cfg" --install
Step 8-> To start & stop MongoDB run
To start :
net start MongoDB
To stop :
net stop MongoDB
NOTE : ALL commands are run on Command Prompt Admin mode, to open command prompt Admin Mode either open normal command prompt and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter or Right click on left windows icon start button where you can see the options.
Step 9 -> Open Anaconda Command Prompt as shown in the image.
Step 10 -> Install package to use MongoDB
To install this package with conda run:
conda install -c anaconda pymongo
Congratulations!! Installation completed.( Pymongo works only when MongoDB is started, use net start MongoDB to start it and then work on spyder)
You can study and understand MongoDB in python here.
This article is contributed by SHAURYA UPPAL. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- MongoDB and Python
- MongoDB Python | Insert and Update Data
- MongoDB python | insert(), replace_one(), replace_many()
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- MongoDB python | Delete Data and Drop Collection
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Android
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on macOS / Mac OS X
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Linux
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- Windows 10 Toast Notifications with Python
- PEP 8 : Coding Style guide in Python
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- Creating Python Virtual Environment in Windows and Linux
- Python | How to download windows lock-screen wallpapers