Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | For 3 years experienced
I was contacted by a recruiter for the role of Software Engineer – Java developer. Goldman Sachs was coming to Hyderabad for a drive. They call it Super Day.
Round 1: (Hacker Rank) 90 min
- I can’t remember the first question. But it was a very simple strings question. Did it in less than 10 min.
- Form the least possible number given a sequence. (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/form-minimum-number-from-given-sequence/)
I received a call from HR the next day asking to schedule a Coderpad round after this. However, the round didn’t happen since they were short on time. So they invited me to the F2F rounds and said that the Coderpad round would be conducted later.
Round 2 & 3 on Super Day
This was the worst part. They booked a hotel where they had panels to conduct interviews. Everyone who had cleared the HackerRank round was asked to arrive by 9:30 AM. However, my interview round did not happen until 4:30 PM in the evening. The reason they gave was that they were short on panels since there were around 20 candidates who had
come for different roles.
- Number of ways to make coin change (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/coin-change-dp-7/)
- Longest palindromic substring (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-palindrome-substring-set-1/)
- A couple of core java questions. (Interfaces, what’s new in Java 8 etc)
After waiting for another 2 hours, was called by another panel. By this time I was mentally filed out because of all the waiting.
The question was interesting but I could not come up with an optimal solution for this.
- Given an “insertions” list and a BST constructed from the insertions list by inserting elements from first to last,
find all such possible insertion lists that would form the same BST as given in the input.
Eg: Given input insertion list (10, 2, 1, 7, 14, 12) and the BST10
/ \ /
1 7 12
one possible insertion list would be (10, 14, 2, 1, 7, 12) since inserting the nodes from first to last in that order would yield the same BST as above.
another such insertion list would be (10, 2, 14, 7, 1, 12)
2 days later received a rejection mail stating that my skills were not in line with the position that I had applied.
Overall the experience was tiresome and frustrating.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.