The syntax provided in this article works only for SQL Server and MySQL.
If you want to know how many tables are present in your database and the details of the table like TABLE_SCHEMA, TABLE_TYPE and all.
SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
1. INFORMATION_SCHEMA views allow you to retrieve metadata about the objects within a database. These views can be found in the master database under Views / System Views and be called from any database in your SQL Server instance.
2. INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES The INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES view allows you to get information about all tables and views within a database.
- What is Temporary Table in SQL?
- Cloning Table in MySQL
- PHP | MySQL ( Creating Table )
- SQL | Create Table Extension
- How to find Nth highest salary from a table
- How to print duplicate rows in a table?
- Query to find 2nd largest value in a column in Table
- MySQL | Recursive CTE (Common Table Expressions)
- Check if Table, View, Trigger, etc present in Oracle
- SQL | Checking Existing Constraints on a Table using Data Dictionaries
- Self Join and Cross Join in MS SQL Server
- Delete statement in MS SQL Server
- SQL Error Messages
- Foreign key in MS SQL Server
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.