Python Database API ( Application Program Interface ) is the Database interface for the standard Python. This standard is adhered to by most Python Database interfaces. There are various Database servers supported by Python Database such as MySQL, GadFly, mSQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Informix, Interbase, Oracle, Sybase etc. To connect with MySQL database server from Python, we need to import the
CREATE DATABASE DATABASE_NAME
The above program illustrates the creation of MySQL database
geeks4geeks in which host-name is
localhost, the username is
user and password is
Let’s suppose we want to create a table in the database, then we need to connect to a database. Below is a program to create a table in the
geeks4geeks database which was created in the above program.
- Create MySQL Database Login Page in Python using Tkinter
- Connect MySQL database using MySQL-Connector Python
- Python: MySQL Create Table
- Create a database in MongoDB using Python
- Python MySQL - Where Clause
- Python MySQL - Join
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python MySQL - Order By Clause
- Python MySQL - Drop Table
- Python MySQL - Limit Clause
- Python MySQL - Update Query
- Python MySQL - Delete Query
- Python MySQL - Select Query
- Python MySQL - Insert into Table
- How to install MySQL connector package in Python?
- Python | Database management in PostgreSQL
- Oracle Database Connection in Python
- Unicodedata – Unicode Database in Python
- Inserting variables to database table using Python
- Make Python API to access Mongo Atlas Database
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.