Syllabus for General Aptitude (GA):
- Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning and verbal deduction.
- Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning and data interpretation.
Computer Science and Information Technology (CS):
- Section-1: Engineering Mathematics:
- Discrete Mathematics:
Propositional and first order logic. Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices. Groups. Graphs: connectivity, matching, coloring.
counting, recurrence relations, generating functions.
- Linear Algebra:
Matrices, determinants, system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, LU decomposition.
Limits, continuity and differentiability. Maxima and minima. Mean value theorem. Integration.
Random variables. Uniform, normal, exponential, poisson and binomial distributions. Mean, median, mode and standard deviation. Conditional probability and Bayes theorem.
Computer Science and Information Technology:
- Discrete Mathematics:
- Section 2: Digital Logic
Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representations and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating point).
- Section 3: Computer Organization and Architecture
Machine instructions and addressing modes. ALU, data-path and control unit. Instruction pipelining. Memory hierarchy: cache, main memory and secondary storage; I/O interface (interrupt and DMA mode).
- Section 4: Programming and Data Structures
Programming in C. Recursion. Arrays, stacks, queues, linked lists, trees, binary search trees, binary heaps, graphs.
- Section 5: Algorithms
Searching, sorting, hashing. Asymptotic worst case time and space complexity. Algorithm design techniques: greedy, dynamic programming and divide-and-conquer. Graph search, minimum spanning trees, shortest paths.
- Section 6: Theory of Computation
Regular expressions and finite automata. Context-free grammars and push-down automata. Regular and context-free languages, pumping lemma. Turing machines and undecidability.
- Section 7: Compiler Design
Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax-directed translation. Runtime environments. Intermediate code generation.
- Section 8: Operating System
Processes, threads, inter-process communication, concurrency and synchronization. Deadlock. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems.
- Section 9: Databases
ER-model. Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints, normal forms. File organization, indexing (e.g., B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency control.
- Section 10: Computer Networks
Concept of layering. LAN technologies (Ethernet). Flow and error control techniques, switching. IPv4/IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state). TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control. Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of Wi-Fi. Network security: authentication, basics of public key and private key cryptography, digital signatures and certificates, firewalls.
- GATE CS Notes 2020
- Last Minute Notes
- GATE CS Solved Papers
- Sudo GATE 2020
- GATE 2020 official syllabus
- GATE 2020 dates
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- Top 5 Topics for Each Section of GATE CS Syllabus
- GATE CS 2020 Important Official Dates
- Important Topics for GATE 2020 Computer Science
- 7 Tips to Score High in GATE 2020 in Last 10 Days
- Subjectwise Important Topics for GATE 2020 Computer Science
- My GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) journey 2020
- TCS NQT Interview Experience from latest syllabus
- Gate 2019 Mock Test | Geeksforgeeks Sudo-GATE
- What Will Be The Best Java IDE's in 2020?
- Top 20 SEO Trends in 2020
- GATE CSE Test Series - 2019 | Sudo GATE
- TCS NQT 2020 Interview Experience
- Top 5 CyberSecurity Companies in 2020
- Latest 5 SEO Updates That You Must Know in 2020
- How to Become a Freelance Programmer in 2020?
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Feb 2020 ( Exp 1.5 yr )
- 7 Best Coding Challenge Websites in 2020
- TCS Interview Experience( Off Campus-2020)
- 10 Best CSS Frameworks For Frontend Developers in 2020
- Python vs Java - Who Will Win the Battle in 2020?