Hello Everyone, in this article, I want to share my preparation journey of GATE 2020. Before you read this article I want to mention that I am not a GATE topper I just want to share how I prepared for the GATE. It might be helpful for future aspirants.
So, I am Himanshu Patel student of Shaheed Bhagat Singh State Technical Campus, Ferozepur Punjab. I started my serious GATE Preparation in the month of August. I had taken the online preparation course from RavindraBabu Ravula.
From the very beginning, I had taken the Test Series from ACE Academy. I started my preparation with an easy subject like Digital Logic. The first 2 months my schedule was to just complete the whole syllabus. But Due to my college projects and some placements activities, it took me 3 months to complete the syllabus.
During these three months, I used to solve topic wise tests daily and after completing each subject I used to take a full length subject wise test. Sometimes I used to surprise myself by taking some random subject tests just to check my grip on that subject even without any revision.
After these three months, I again take a look at each and every subject for 2 to 3 days, and then I had my semesters. My semesters and Vivas ended on the 8th of December and after that, I enrolled for the Made easy Test Series and I started My Revision phase. I started solving a previous year’s GATE paper on GateOverflow on a daily basis. In my revision phase, I mostly relied on the Gateoverflow. I used to solve the subject wise last year’s papers on the site. It was an exam like experience. I start my day with 2 to 3 hours of revision and then solving the Made Easy Test Series and Last Year Questions. The important part was the analysis of the test marks. I always was given plenty of time to analyze my mistakes after every test. Which concept needs revision. Which concepts need practice. If there is some new concept then get a grip over that as early as possible. This was the schedule for the whole of December.
In January I enrolled for Made Easy CBT(Centre Based Test). I have given 2 CBTs my score was not up to the marks. I scored 45 marks in CBT-1 and 48 marks in CBT-2. But I never lose hope I just treated them a the normal test series marks and again analyzed my mistakes. I found that I need some practice. After that from mid-January, I started solving full-length tests.1 Mock test and 2 last year papers daily. I always allowed myself to complete the paper in 2.5 hours.
In Feb as the exam day was coming near every day I started fearing and some negative thoughts always revolve around me. So, to avoid this I used to talk with my friends, family, and loved ones. They motivated me a lot.
Before 3 4 days of the exam, I just stopped my revision and started playing games, watching movies, etc. And then the D-Day. It was a clear sunny day and I was confident enough I gave the exam with full confidence. I got 58 marks in CS&IT GATE paper 2020.
Some Important points :
- Always remember the reason for which you started your preparation it will keep you motivated.
- Start with easy subjects will boost your confidence.
- Study maths parallelly with other subjects for the whole preparation period. Maths and Aptitude are the Rank Boosters.
- Don’t demotivate my Test Series Marks.
- Don’t try to read the feedback of Test Series and Online Courses. Remember one thing Each and every source have some negative feedback. Just ignore them and make better use of resources.
- Solve Previous year papers as many times as you can. At least 2 times.
- Every Test Series is good.No one is perfect Everyone has mistakes. Don’t Blindly follow their Answers.
- Make a schedule and stick to that. If u find it hard then start with small hours of study and gradually increase your study Period.
- Revision and analysis are the most important part of the preparation. These things can change your rank significantly.
- Do not panic on exam Day.
I hope this Article will be Beneficial for you.
- My minified journey with Web Development!
- Coder’s Journey featuring Chhavi Sharma (Software Engineer at Microsoft)
- Coder's Journey featuring Ayush Khanduri (Software Developer at Amazon)
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
- Last Minute Notes - Engineering Mathematics
- Why Internships are Important for Engineering Students or Freshers?
- 5 Mistakes That Every Engineering Student Must Avoid
- How to Prepare for Amazon Software Development Engineering Interview?
- Social Engineering - The Art of Virtual Exploitation
- What To Do After Engineering - MTech, MBA, MS or a Job?
- How to Prepare for Microsoft Software Development Engineering Interview?
- Top 2 MBA Programs After Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Software Engineering
- Importance of Practical Application In Engineering Programs
- Social Engineering -Time To Be More Secure Than Before
- 7 Code Refactoring Techniques in Software Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Engineering
- How to prepare for Google Asia Pacific University (APAC) Test ?
- How to use SQLMAP to test a website for SQL Injection vulnerability
- Turing Test in Artificial Intelligence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.