Given two endpoint of diameter of a circle (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) find out the center of a circle.
Input : x1 = -9, y1 = 3, and x2 = 5, y2 = –7 Output : -2, –2 Input : x1 = 5, y1 = 3 and x2 = –10 y2 = 4 Output : –2.5, 3.5
The midpoint of two points, (x1, y2) and (x2, y2) is : M = ((x 1 + x 2) / 2, (y 1 + y 2) / 2)
The center of the circle is the mid point of its diameter so we calculate the mid point of its diameter by using midpoint formula.
- Find the other-end coordinates of diameter in a circle
- Find the Diameter or Longest chord of a Circle
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Minimum revolutions to move center of a circle to a target
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Program to find the diameter, cycles and edges of a Wheel Graph
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Program to find Circumference of a Circle
- Program to find area of a circle
- Given equation of a circle as string, find area
- Find the area of largest circle inscribed in ellipse
- Find minimum radius such that atleast k point lie inside the circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t