In government exams like SSC, Banking, Railways, etc we find many questions from the General Science section. This is a very broad section and sometimes questions are very factual. we will cover the General Science section comprehensively so that students can learn and get most of the questions correct in this section. In this article, we will provide a list of different branches of science and their studies.
List of Different Branches of Science and Their Studies :
1. Acoustics – The Study of sound and sound waves.
2. Aerodynamics – The study of forces acting upon bodies in motion in the air i.e,. aircraft, missiles, etc.
3. Agrostology – The study of grasses.
4. Aeronautics – It deals with the study of flying activities.
5. Agronomy – It deals with the study of soil management and the production of crops.
6. Anatomy – The science of the structure of the animal/human body is learned by dissection.
7. Arthrology – Study of joints.
8. Apiculture – Rearing of honey bee for honey.
9. Anthropology – The study of origin, development, and relationship between the culture of past and present humans.
10. Anthology – The Study of flowers and flowering plants.
11. Angiology – The study of the blood vascular system including arteries and veins.
12. Andrology – The study of the male reproductive organ.
13. Bryology – The Study of Bryophytes.
14. Biometrics – The Statical study of Biological problems.
15. Biomedical Engineering – The Production and designing of spare parts for overcoming various defects in man. e.g. Artificial limbs, Iron lungs, pacemakers, etc.
16. Biotechnology – Technology is concerned with living beings for willful manipulation on a molecular level.
17. Bacteriology – The study of bacteria.
18. Cytology – The study of the cell.
19. Cryobiology – It is the study of the effect of low temperature on organisms and their preservation.
20. Cardiology – The study of Heart.
21. Demography – The study of population.
22. Diffusion – The random movement of molecules/ions or gases from a region of higher concentration to a lower concentration.
23. Dermatology – The study of skin.
24. Dendrochronology – The counting and analyzing of annual growth rings of trees to know their age.
25. Ecology – The Study of inter-relationship between living and their environment.
26. Evolution – The study of the origin of life, variation, and formation of new species.
27. Embryology – The study of fertilization of the egg, formation of the zygote, and development of the embryo.
28. Eugenics – The study of factors connected with the improvement of the human race.
29. Euthenics – The study of environmental conditions that contribute to the improvement of human beings.
30. Euphenics – Treatment of defective in heredity through genetics engineering.
31. Ethnology – The study of science deals with different races of humans.
32. Etiology – The study of animal behavior in their natural habitats.
33. Etiology – The study of the causative agent of disease.
34. Entomology – The study of Insects.
35. Exobiology – The study of the possibility of life in space.
36. Floriculture – Cultivation of plant for flower.
37. Forensic Science – Application of science for identification of various facts of civilians.
38. Fishery – Catching, breeding, rearing, and marketing of fishes.
39. Forestry – Development, and management of the forest.
40. Fermentation – Process of incomplete oxidation that occurs in microbes and other cells in the absence o oxygen, leading to the formation of ethyl alcohol.
41. Genetics – The study of variation and transmission of heredity character from parents to their young ones.
42. Genetic Engineering – Manipulation of the genes to improve the organism.
43. Gynecology – The study of the female reproductive organ.
44. Gerontology – The study of Ageing.
45. Gastroenterology – The study of alimentary canal or stomach, intestine, and their disease.
46. Hypertonic – When two solutions have different state concentrations. The solution which has a higher concentration is called hypertonic.
47. Hypotonic – Two solutions that have lower solute concentrations are called hypotonic.
48. Homeothermic – Animals that have constant body temperature is called Homeothermic or Warm-blooded animals.
49. Histology – The study of tissue organization and its internal structure with the help of a microscope.
50. Hydroponics – The study of growing plants without soil in water that contains nutrients.
51. Hematology – The study of blood.
52. Hepatology – The study of the Liver.
53. Ichthyology – The study of fishes.
54. Immunology – The study of the immune system or resistance of the body to disease.
55. Kalology – The study of human beauty.
56. Metazoans – All multicellular animals are called Metazoans.
57. Morphology – The study of external structure.
58. Microbiology – The study of micro-organisms like viruses, bacteria, algae, fungi, and protozoa.
59. Molecular Biology – The study of molecules found in the body of living organisms.
60. Medicine – The study of treating disease by the drug.
61. Mammography – A Branch of science that deals with the test for breast cancer.
62. Mycology – The study of Fungi.
63. Neurology – The study of the nervous system.
64. Neonatology – The study of a newborn.
65. Nephrology – The study of kidneys.
66. Odontology – The study of teeth and gum.
67. Osteology – The study of bones.
68. Oncology – The study of cancer and tumors.
69. Obstetrics – Science related to the care of pregnant women before, during, and after childbirth.
70. Ornithology – The study of Birds.
71. Ophthalmology – The study of Eyes.
72. Orthopedics – Diagnosis and repair of disorder of a locomotory system.
73. Paleontology – The study of Fossils.
74. Physiology – The study of the function of various systems of the organism.
75. Pathology – The study of diseases, effects, causal agents, and transmission of pathogens.
76. Pomology – The study of fruit and fruit-yielding plants.
77. Psychiatry – Treatment of mental disease.
78. Psychology – The study of the human mind and behavior.
79. Pisciculture – The rearing of Fishes.
80. Phycology – The study of Algae.
81. Pediatrics – The branch of medicine deals with children.
82. Parasitology – The study of parasites.
83. Photobiology – The effect of light on various biological processes.
84. Phylogeny – Evolutionary history of Organism.
85. Physiotherapy – Treatment of body defects through massage and exercise.
86. Radiology – Science deals with the effect of radiation on living beings.
87. Rhinology – The study of the nose and olfactory organs.
88. Sonography – The study of ultrasound imaging.
89. Saurology – The study of Lizards.
90. Serology – The study of serum, the interaction of antigens, and antibodies in the blood.
91. Physiology – The study of pulse and arterial pressure.
92. Taxonomy – The study of the classification, nomenclature, and identification of the organism.
93. Telepathy – The Communication of thoughts or ideas from one mind to another without normal use of sense. In another word, this is the process of mental contact.
94. Veterinary – The science of health care and treatment of domestic animals.
95. Zoogeology – The study of fossil animal remains.
96. Zoology – The study of animals.
97. Zoonomy – The study of animal physiology.
98. Zoonosology – The study of animal diseases.
99. Zoopathology – The study of animal diseases.
100. Zoophysics – The physics of animal bodies.
101. Zoophysiology – The study of the physiology of animals.
102. Zoophytology – The study of plant-like animals.
103. Zoosemiotics – The study of animal communication.
104. Zootaxy – The science of classifying animals.
105. Zootechnics – The science of breeding animals.
106. Zygology – The science of joining and fastening.
107. Zymology – The science of fermentation.
108. Zymurgy – The branch of chemistry deals with brewing and distilling.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!