- DOM manipulation: DOM elements can be easily traversed, modified.
- Animations Lots of built-in features for animations.
- HTML event handling and manipulation.
- Ajax is much simpler with an easy-to-use API that works across a multitude of browsers.
- CSS manipulation
- Has a high-level UI widget library.
- Cross-browser support: work well on browsers like Chrome, Opera, etc.
- Lightweight: Only 19kb in size.
- And other common utilities
Output: As we click on the Hide_me button, the above-marked heading will disappear, but as soon as we click on the Show_me button it’ll again appear.
JQuery has an inbuilt feature of cross-browser compatibility. We don’t need to worry about writing extra lines of code or moving around in order to make our code compatible with any browser.
JQuery is concise and one need not write much as scripting already exists.
In JQuery, we can add animation effects easily with fewer lines of code.
- It provides numerous interfaces to developers for creating catchy web pages.
- It is capable of back-end as well as front-end development.
Advantages of jQuery –
- jQuery is immense flexible as it permits users to add plugins.
- It has inbuilt UI and effects libraries.
- It is free , supported well across different applications and also provides very efficient and fast solution to the problems.