The break and continue both are used to skip the iteration of a loop. These keywords are helpful in controlling the flow of the program.
Difference between break and continue:
- The break statement terminates the whole iteration of a loop whereas continue skips the current iteration.
- The break statement terminates the whole loop early whereas the continue brings the next iteration early.
- In a loop for switch, break acts as terminator for case only whereas continue 2 acts as terminator for case and skips the current iteration of loop.
Program 1: This program illustrates the continue statement inside a loop.
Program 2: This program illustrates the break statement inside a loop.
Program 3: Using switch inside a loop and continue 2 inside case of switch.
- Difference between continue and break statements in C++
- What is the difference between “word-break: break-all” versus “word-wrap: break-word” in CSS ?
- continue command in Linux with examples
- How to break an outer loop with PHP ?
- CSS | page-break-after Property
- CSS | box decoration break Property
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- CSS | word-break Property
- CSS page-break-before Property
- How to prevent column break within an element?
- CSS | page-break-inside Property
- Tips for restarting career after a break
- How to insert line break before an element using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.