- Functions in JS are objects. They may have properties and methods just like another object. They can be passed as arguments in other functions.
- Can handle date and time.
- Performs Form Validation although the forms are created using HTML.
- No compiler is needed.
console.log("Welcome to GeeksforGeeks Learning");
Welcome to GeeksforGeeks Learning
Java is an object-oriented programming language and has a virtual machine platform that allows you to create compiled programs that run on nearly every platform. Java promised, “Write Once, Run Anywhere”.
Features of Java are as follows:
1. Platform Independent: The compiler converts source code to bytecode and then the JVM executes the bytecode generated by the compiler. This bytecode can run on any platform.
2. Object-Oriented Programming Language: Organizing the program in the terms of collection of objects is a way of object-oriented programming, each of which represents an instance of the class. There are 4 pillars of OOP’s concept:
3. Simple: Java is one of the simple languages as it does not have complex features like pointers, operator overloading, multiple inheritances, and Explicit memory allocation.
4. Robust: Java language is robust which means reliable. It is developed in such a way that it puts a lot of effort into checking errors as early as possible, that is why the java compiler is able to detect even those errors that are not easy to detect by another programming language.
5. Secure: In java, we don’t have pointers, and so we cannot access out-of-bound arrays i.e it shows ArrayIndexOutOfBound Exception if we try to do so.
6. Distributed: We can create distributed applications using the java programming language. Remote Method Invocation and Enterprise Java Beans are used for creating distributed applications in java.
7. Multithreading: Java supports multithreading. It is a Java feature that allows concurrent execution of two or more parts of a program for maximum utilization of the CPU.
Example: This is the basic Java program.
"Welcome to GeeksforGeeks Learning"
Welcome to GeeksforGeeks Learning
|Java is a strongly typed language and variables must be declared first to use in the program. In Java, the type of a variable is checked at compile-time.
|Java is an object-oriented programming language primarily used for developing complex enterprise applications.
|Java applications can run in any virtual machine(JVM) or browser.
|Objects of Java are class-based even we can’t make any program in java without creating a class.
|Java program has the file extension “.Java” and translates source code into bytecodes which are executed by JVM(Java Virtual Machine).
|Java is a Standalone language.
||contained within a web page and integrates with its HTML content.
|Java has a thread-based approach to concurrency.
|Java supports multithreading, which allows multiple threads of execution to run concurrently within a single program.
|Java has a rich set of libraries and frameworks for building enterprise applications, such as Spring, Hibernate, and Struts.
|Java is mainly used for backend
|Java is statically typed, which means that data types are determined at compile time.
|Java is typically used on the server-side for building web applications, as well as for desktop and mobile applications.
|Java uses more memory
|Java requires a Java Development Kit(JDK) to run the code
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!