In PHP break is used to immediately terminate the loop and the program control resumes at the next statement following the loop.
Method 1: Given an array the task is to run a loop and display all the values in array and terminate the loop when encounter 5.
Input : array1 = array( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ) Output : 1 2 3 4 Loop Terminated The loop contains an if condition and when condition is true then loop will break otherwise display the array content. Input : array1 = array( '10', '2', '5', '20', '40' ) Output : 10 2 Loop Terminated
1 2 3 4 Loop Terminated
Method 2: Given nested loops, in PHP we can use break 2 to terminate two loops as well. Below program contains the nested loop and terminate it using break statement.
For example given two array arr1 and arr2, and the task is to display all the value of arr2 for every value of arr1 till the value of arr1 not equal to arr2. If the value in arr1 is equal to the value of arr2 then terminate both the loops using break 2 and execute the further statements.
Input : arr1 = array( 'A', 'B', 'C' ); arr2 = array( 'C', 'A', 'B', 'D' ); Output : A C Loop Terminated Input : arr1 = array( 10, 2, 5, 20, 40 ) arr2 = array( 1, 2 ) Output :10 1 2 2 1 Loop Terminated
A C Loop Terminated
- What is the difference between “word-break: break-all” versus “word-wrap: break-word” in CSS ?
- ES6 | Loops
- PHP | Loops
- CSS | box decoration break Property
- CSS page-break-before Property
- CSS | word-break Property
- CSS | page-break-after Property
- Difference between break and continue in PHP
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- How to break an outer loop with PHP ?
- Understanding for loops in Java
- Difference between continue and break statements in C++
- break command in Linux with examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.