Apache Hadoop: It is a collection of open-source software utilities that facilitate using a network of many computers to solve problems involving massive amounts of data and computation. It provides a software framework for distributed storage and processing of big data using the MapReduce programming model.
Apache Storm: It is a distributed stream processing computation framework written predominantly in the Clojure programming language. Originally created by Nathan Marz and the team at BackType, the project was open-sourced after being acquired by Twitter.
Below is a table of differences between Apache Hadoop and Apache Storm:
|Features||Apache Hadoop||Apache Storm|
|Processing||Distributed batch processing which uses MapReduce||Distributed real-time data processing which uses DAGs|
|Latency||High Latency i.e slow computation||Low Latency i.e fast computation|
|Written Language||Whole frame work is written in Java||Frame work is written in Clojure and Java|
|Streaming processing||It is State-ful streaming processing||It is State-less streaming processing|
|Setup||Easy to setup but operating cluster is hard||Easy to use|
|Data streaming||Data is dynamic and continuously streamed||Data is static and nonvolatile i.e data is persistence|
|Use cases||It is used in Twitter, Navisite, Wego etc||It is used in Black Box Data, Search Engine Data etc|
- Difference between Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2
- Difference Between Hadoop 2.x vs Hadoop 3.x
- Difference Between Big Data and Apache Hadoop
- Difference Between Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Difference Between Apache Hadoop and Amazon Redshift
- Difference Between Apache Kafka and Apache Flume
- Difference Between Apache Hive and Apache Impala
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
- Difference between Apache Hive and Apache Spark SQL
- Hadoop - HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System)
- Hadoop - Features of Hadoop Which Makes It Popular
- Difference Between Hadoop and Cassandra
- Difference Between Hadoop and Teradata
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Hadoop
- Difference Between Hadoop and HBase
- Difference Between Hadoop and Splunk
- Difference Between Hadoop and SQL Performance
- Difference Between Hadoop and Spark
- Difference Between Hadoop and SQL
- Difference Between Hadoop and Hive
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.