Given a decimal number as input, we need to write a program to convert the given decimal number into equivalent binary number.
Input : 7 Output :111 Input :10 Output :1010
We have discussed one iterative solution in below post.
Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
Below is Recursive solution
findBinary(decimal) if (decimal == 0) binary = 0 else binary = decimal % 2 + 10 * (findBinary(decimal / 2)
Step by step process for better understanding of how the algorithm works
Let decimal number be 10.
Step 1-> 10 % 2 which is equal-too 0 + 10 * ( 10/2 ) % 2
Step 2-> 5 % 2 which is equal-too 1 + 10 * ( 5 / 2) % 2
Step 3-> 2 % 2 which is equal-too 0 + 10 * ( 2 / 2 ) % 2
Step 4-> 1 % 2 which is equal-too 1 + 10 * ( 1 / 2 ) % 2
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Decimal to Binary using recursion and without using power operator
- Decimal to binary conversion without using arithmetic operators
- Python program to convert decimal to binary number
- Binary to Gray code using recursion
- Leaf nodes from Preorder of a Binary Search Tree (Using Recursion)
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree using recursion
- Find Maximum Level Sum in Binary Tree using Recursion
- Program for Binary To Decimal Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Binary Conversion
- Binary to decimal and vice-versa in python
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 10 or not
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 20 or not
- Recursive Program for Binary to Decimal
- BCD or Binary Coded Decimal
- Maximum decimal equivalent possible among all connected components of a Binary Valued Graph
- Program to Convert BCD number into Decimal number
- Sum of digit of a number using recursion
- Count Set-bits of number using Recursion
- Add the given digit to a number stored in a linked list using recursion
- Program to find all Factors of a Number using recursion
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.