Write code to convert a given number into words. For example, if “1234” is given as input, output should be “one thousand two hundred thirty four”.
Following is the implementation for the same. The code supports numbers up-to 4 digits, i.e., numbers from 0 to 9999. Idea is to create arrays that store individual parts of output strings. One array is used for single digits, one for numbers from 10 to 19, one for 20, 30, 40, 50, .. etc, and one for powers of 10.
The given number is divided in two parts: first two digits and last two digits, and the two parts are printed separately.
9923: nine thousand nine hundred twenty three 523: five hundred twenty three 89: eighty nine 8989: eight thousand nine hundred eighty nine
This article is compiled by Narendra Kangralkar. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to convert a given number to words | Set 2
- Program to Convert Octal Number to Binary Number
- Program to Convert Hexadecimal Number to Binary
- Count words that appear exactly two times in an array of words
- Number of words that can be made using exactly P consonants and Q vowels from the given string
- Program to Convert Radian to Degree
- Program to convert centimeter into meter and kilometer
- Program to convert KiloBytes to Bytes and Bits
- Program to Convert Km/hr to miles/hr and vice versa
- Python Program to convert Kilometers to Miles
- Convert a number m to n using minimum number of given operations
- Convert a binary number to hexadecimal number
- Convert to number with digits as 3 and 8 only
- Minimum prime number operations to convert A to B
- Number of steps to convert to prime factors
Improved By : Mithun Kumar