Given three integers a, b and c as triplets. Check if it is possible to make right angled triangle or not. Print Yes if possible, else No. 10-18 <= a, b, c <= 1018
Input: 3 4 5 Output: Yes Explanation: Since 3*3 + 4*4 = 5*5 Hence print "Yes" Input: 8 5 13 Since 8 + 5 < 13 which violates the property of triangle. Hence print "No"
For a right angled triangle to be valid it must satisfies the following criteria:-
- a, b and c should be greater then 0.
- Sum of any two sides of triangle must be greater than the third side.
- Pythagorean Theorem i.e., a2 + b2 = c2.
First two conditions can be easily checked but for third condition we have to take care of overflow. Since a, b and c can be large so we can’t compare them directly unless we use python or BigInteger library in Java. For languages like C and C++, we have to reduce the expression in fraction form.
Before comparing the fraction we need convert them in simplified form by dividing the numerator and denominator by gcd of both of them. Now compare both numerator and denominator of both the fractions of LHS and RHS such that if both would become same then it signifies the valid right angled triangle otherwise not.
Output: Yes No Yes
Time complexity: O(log(M)) where M is the Maximum value among a, b and c.
Auxiliary space: O(1)
This article is contributed by Shubham Bansal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Improved By : Shubham Bansal 13
- Find pair with maximum GCD in an array
- Smallest number divisible by n and has at-least k trailing zeros
- Number of digits in the product of two numbers
- Maximum height of triangular arrangement of array values
- Modular multiplicative inverse
- Number of Permutations such that no Three Terms forms Increasing Subsequence
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print all substring of a number without any conversion
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7