Given three coordinates of a triangle (x1, y1), (x2, y2), (x3, y3). The task is to find out if the triangle can be transformed to a right-angled triangle by moving only one point exactly by the distance 1.
If it is possible to make the triangle right-angled, then print “POSSIBLE”, else print “NOT POSSIBLE”.
If the triangle is already right-angled, it should also be reported.
x1 = -1, y1 = 0
x2 = 2, y2 = 0
x3 = 0, y3 = 1
First co-ordinate (-1, 0) can be changed to (0, 0) and make it right-angled.
x1 = 36, y1 = 1
x2 = -17, y2 = -54
x3 = -19, y3 = 55
As it is known that for a triangle of sides a, b and c, the triangle will be right-angled if the following equation holds true : a2 + b2 = c2
So for every co-ordinates of the triangle, find out all the sides and for the 3 possible permutations of them check if it is already right-angle triangle and report it.
If the above condition doesn’t hold true, then the following operations need to be done-
We need to change all the co-ordinates by 1 one by one and check that is it a valid combination for a right-angled triangle.
Look that there can be 4 possible combinations to change every co-ordinates by 1. They are (-1, 0), (0, 1), (1, 0), (0, -1). So run a loop and apply those changes one by one for every co-ordinates and check that the formula a2 + b2 = c2 is true or not.
If it’s true then it is possible to transform the triangle to a right-angled triangle, otherwise not.
Below is the implementation of the above code:
- Find the coordinates of a triangle whose Area = (S / 2)
- Program to find the Type of Triangle from the given Coordinates
- Find coordinates of the triangle given midpoint of each side
- Check if it is possible to return to the starting position after moving in the given directions
- Area of triangle formed by the axes of co-ordinates and a given straight line
- Check if a number is formed by Concatenation of 1, 14 or 144 only
- Check if the large number formed is divisible by 41 or not
- Check if B can be formed by permuting the binary digits of A
- Check if the number formed by the last digits of N numbers is divisible by 10 or not
- Check if N rectangles of equal area can be formed from (4 * N) integers
- Check whether triangle is valid or not if sides are given
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Check whether the triangle is valid or not if angles are given
- Check whether a given point lies inside a triangle or not
- Check if a triangle of positive area is possible with the given angles
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.