If a user wants a quick view of calendar in Linux terminal,
cal is the command for you. By default,
cal command shows current month calendar as output.
cal command is a calendar command in Linux which is used to see the calendar of a specific month or a whole year.
cal [ [ month ] year]
Rectangular bracket means it is optional, so if used without option, it will display a calendar of current month and year.
- cal : Shows current month calendar on the terminal.
- cal 08 2000 : Shows calendar of selected month and year.
- cal 2018 : Shows the whole calendar of the year.
- cal 2018 | more : But year may not be visible in the same screen use more with cal use spacebar to scroll down.
- cal -3 : Shows calendar of previous, current and next month
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.