American Express EDA/CFR | On-Campus for Internship
Round 1: Technical and Aptitude Assessment
- MCQs based on
- Two simple coding questions.
Round 2: Technical Interview
- Given a list [1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 8, 1]. Write code in python to convert this list to a dictionary where the elements of the dictionary should be stored with their frequencies.
- Write the code for the same question in Java/C/C++. Article link. Problem Link
- What is the difference between tuple, list, and array?
- Amex has many swipe machines. And each swipe machine has an ID given to a particular brand at a particular point of time. Given two tables:
- Table 1: ID, Brand, Date of start, Date of expiry
- Table 2: ID, Brand, Transaction ID
- Write an SQL query to accumulate all the transactions for each brand whenever it had that particular machine.
- Explain the K-Nearest Neighbors algorithm.
- Explain Decision Tree.
- Discussions on projects mentioned in resume.
- How KNN used in sentiment analysis?
- Approach to count the number of cars in a particular state? (Hint: Sample of a population)
- For Amex’s swipe machines, how can it be alerted if any of their machines stop working before the user of the machine complains?
Round 3: Technical Interview
- Hourglass puzzle
- If there are three lamps in a room and their switches are outside the room. The room is completely closed. How can we know which switch is connected to which bulb? (Hint: Heat)
- There are 3 boxes. The first box has all white balls, the second box has all black balls and the third one has a mixture of both white and black balls. There are tags on each of the boxes but none of the tags is correct. Identify the correct tags.
Round 4: Technical HR Interview
- Introduce yourself.
- Project-specific questions.
- A cube is painted with red color. This cube is cut 2 times horizontally and 2 times vertically. What is the probability that when all the cubes are thrown and all have a painted face on top?
- Answer : 0
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How do credit cards work?
- About American Express. (Definitely, attend their Pre-placement talk)
- Situational questions.
All the best!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!