Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-Intern
I recently scored an SDE internship with Amazon (Gurugram). Here are my two cents.
- Stop listening to whoever boasts about having an easy interview. A lot of folks become complacent and are unprepared when the interviewer throws a difficult problem at them.
- Pick a website of your choice- Leetcode, Hackerrank, InterviewBit etc and practice every day religiously. There’s no slacking on this front.
- Cramming Amazon or XYZ company-tagged questions won’t be sufficient. The idea is to practice enough questions to develop your coding abilities and become able to tackle a completely new problem.
- Be comfortable with calculating the time and space complexities of your program.
- You should know basic data structures (and a few advanced ones like Tries, balanced BSTs etc) and the complexities of the operations on them.
- For the online round, try to solve a few debugging and SAT-style questions in a limited time.
- Prepare solid answers based on your resume and projects for the behavioral round in tune with Amazon’s Leadership Principles. Practice with a friend.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!