Google Search Engine is one of the widely used and leading search engines. Everyone has their own list of things to search on google search engine. But are you using the google search engine in the right way or the smarter way? Probably the answer is No.
Here are some of the best practices you have to remember while using google search engine for next time. Using these small and best techniques while searching on google can give you a better experience with google search engines and also you can save a bit of time while you google.
1. Google Advance Search
While searching on a topic on the Google Search Engine you will get lots of results. Some of them are based on your actual keywords of search and some results are suggestions based on your search. Not all results are always relevant to your search or not always useful for you, here google advance search can do the right for you. You have to follow these steps:
- Search Keyword on Google.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Advance Search.
Then window of advance search will appear where you can narrow your search by
- Upload Time
- Particular Region
2. Google Tools
Using Google Search Tools while searching a particular topic or image on Google can give you better results with plenty of useful options to select from. You can select the size of the image and also the color of that which you want to get in particular color options.
User can select anything as per their requirements like
- Type and Time
3. Google Safe Search
Using Google Safe Search while you or your children Google something on web is one of smarter way to explicitly filter results which are not useful for you or your child. You can protect your child from fake and explicit results on google search results. You can turn it on or off anytime using google search settings.
SafeSearch can be turned on for:
- Personal Account
- Children’s Supervised Account
- Private and School Devices
4. Verbatim Search
Google gives two options for your search results and the default is All results and the other option for your searched keyword is verbatim, which gives the exact result of the same words which you typed on the search bar. It provides more convenient way to search exact same set of keywords.
Verbatim search removes corrected, suggested, related, and non-inclusive results from your search and lets you get only fruitful and exact results.
5. Copyright Free Content
Another smart way to use Google Search for content creators is to use Google tools to get copyright-free or reusable content for free of cost on google. You can get content like images on google for listed as reusable or reusable with some editing by using this method. You have to search for something and then you can head over to tools and select user rights option from there.
Here you can select from given options including:
- Labelled for use with modification
- Labelled for reuse
- Labelled for noncommercial reuse
- Labelled for noncommercial reuse with modification
- What is Search Engine and Google Page Ranking?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Basics
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Diiferent Ways Google Tracks You
- How Google Search Works!!
- How to search faster with Google
- How ranking in Google Search Works !
- Combining IoT and Machine Learning makes our future smarter
- Performing Google Search using Python code
- Difference between Organic Search and Paid Search
- Download Anything to Google Drive using Google colab
- Why Google Shutters Google+ ?
- Ways to track a Website
- What are the Best Ways to Write a SQL Query?
- Different Ways to Prepare an IT Network for IoT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : santosh_bhat