Many folks consider that they both are same but are they really same?
The Internet is a global network of networks while the Web, also referred formally as World Wide Web (www) is collection of information which is accessed via the Internet. Another way to look at this difference is; the Internet is infrastructure while the Web is service on top of that infrastructure. Alternatively, the Internet can be viewed as a big book-store while the Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store. At a high level, we can even think of the Internet as hardware and the Web as software!
Please do Like/Tweet/G+1 if you find the above useful. Also, please do leave us comment for further clarification or info. We would love to help and learn 🙂
- The Internet and the Web
- The New Internet | Internet of Everything
- Internet and Web programming: Behind the scenes
- Internet Protocol v6 | IPv6
- Computer Network | Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Program to remotely Power On a PC over the internet using the Wake-on-LAN protocol.
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) | Computer Networks
- Computer Network | Multipurpose Internet mail extension (MIME)
- Computer Network | Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Header
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language