Many folks consider that they both are same but are they really same?
The Internet is a global network of networks while the Web, also referred formally as World Wide Web (www) is collection of information which is accessed via the Internet. Another way to look at this difference is; the Internet is infrastructure while the Web is service on top of that infrastructure. Alternatively, the Internet can be viewed as a big book-store while the Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store. At a high level, we can even think of the Internet as hardware and the Web as software!
Please do Like/Tweet/G+1 if you find the above useful. Also, please do leave us comment for further clarification or info. We would love to help and learn 🙂
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- The New Internet | Internet of Everything
- The Internet and the Web
- Internet and Web programming: Behind the scenes
- Internet Protocol v6 | IPv6
- Program to remotely Power On a PC over the internet using the Wake-on-LAN protocol.
- Computer Network | Internet Service Provider (ISP) hierarchy
- Computer Network | Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Computer Network | Multipurpose Internet mail extension (MIME)
- Computer Network | Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Header
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) | Computer Networks
- Difference between LAN and MAN