Many folks consider that they both are same but are they really same?
The Internet is a global network of networks while the Web, also referred formally as World Wide Web (www) is collection of information which is accessed via the Internet. Another way to look at this difference is; the Internet is infrastructure while the Web is service on top of that infrastructure. Alternatively, the Internet can be viewed as a big book-store while the Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store. At a high level, we can even think of the Internet as hardware and the Web as software!
Please do Like/Tweet/G+1 if you find the above useful. Also, please do leave us comment for further clarification or info. We would love to help and learn 🙂
- RSA Algorithm in Cryptography
- What’s difference between HTML and HTTP ?
- Why does DNS use UDP and not TCP?
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Computer Networks | Congestion Control
- Computer Network | Redistribution
- Computer Network | Simple network management protocol (SNMP)
- Computer Network | Cisco router basic commands
- Computer Network | Access networks
- Computer Network | Password authentication protocol (PAP)