Virtusa Interview Experience | Campus Drive 2021 (Virtual)
This was the first company to virtually visit our campus this year for campus drive.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
76 students were selected out of around 500.
Round 2: The second round was 24 coding questions given as a home assessment with a due time of 7 days again in hackerrank platform. Questions were easy, based on straight algorithms and data structures. Evaluation from this round was considered later in the Technical Interview.
Round 3: The third round in the process was a project assignment. The problem statement and the technology stack to be used were mentioned in their mail and a sufficient time of around a month was given for learning the technologies and preparing the project. Again it was mentioned that evaluation from this round was to be considered in the Technical Interview. However, later they didn’t take submission of the projects and those who had completed the projects had to mention them in their resumes.
I was given an Inventory management project with a delivery module and some attractive features.
Java Servlets, JSP, JDBC, MySQL, Tomcat with proper versions were mentioned in the Technology Stack. Some of my friends got frameworks like Spring and Hibernate.
I completed the project in 10 days, but a submission link was never given. But its fine, I got a FullStack Java project for my resume.
Round 4: While all the previous rounds took place in July itself, this round was conducted in September. Everyone who had cleared the 1st round was considered to sit for the Interview. The number of candidates at this stage was 76. The face to face interview was conducted virtually on the Microsoft Edge platform, questions asked were:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about some projects you have recently worked with (Here I intentionally mentioned the project given by Virtusa itself in its 3rd round).
- How much do you rate yourself in Java? (Since I mentioned Java technologies in my projects)
- Write a program to find an element in an array in Java. (There was a code editor on the platform. I wrote an executable code in one go)
- What is the difference between String, StringBuilder, and StringBuffer class in Java?
- What is the difference between Abstraction and Interface?
- What are the roles of access specifiers? What other specifiers does Java have?
- What are the keys in SQL? Kindly explain their roles.
- How many joins are there in SQL?
After answering all the questions with examples he asked.
Would you like to know something from me? (I asked what are his technical expectations from a fresher)
30 students out of 76 were selected from this round.
Round 5: The HR round was also virtual, the HR asked some basic questions like
- Introduction and Hobbies (He didn’t want to listen about technical stuff in the introduction )
- Why do you want to join Virtusa?
- What are your future expectations about yourself working in this company? (Basically, where do you see yourself in the future )
- What’s plan B if not Virtusa?
- Something you want to ask (I asked about the work culture in Virtusa)
The final selection from this round comprised of 24 candidates, fortunately, I was one of them.