Round 1: Round 1 was the online test which included three categories. Category 1 was theenglish test wherein there were MCQs based on basic english(It was very very easy). Category 2 was the apti test which included both easy as well as tough questions. I studied apti from various sites like geeks for geeks, indiabix, prepinsta. Third was the technical round which included MCQs on C, data structure, algorithm(important topics: longest common subsequence, knapsack problem, time complexity, sorting). Technical round also included coding. Coding was bit tricky and was the combination of two or more series.
I was then selected for the interview. I gave interview on skype.
My interview took place for more than 45 min.
First of all the interviewer scanned my resume and noticed languages like ‘R’, python which I had mentioned in my resume. He also noticed I did my minor project in machine learning so then he started asking questions.
q1: why did you choose ML ?
Q2: what was your role in project.
Q3. Have you heard about Big Data?
Q4. what is regression, clustering, K-means, classification?
Q5. Write a program in C and in R to check whether a given year is a leap year or not.
Q6. what were your favourite subjects in 12th?
So, basically he asked a lot about my project. He digged me in possible way.
some other questions were:
can u relocate?
what if you get place in any other company giving more package than TCS?
Round 3: HR round
This round was really tough and the HR tried to overpower us. He asked question Why TCS and himself said I don’t want to hear any ans like ‘tcs is a brand, tcs would provide good opportunity blah blah..’
he scanned everyone’s marksheets and asked the reason why there were ups-downs in marks if there were in anyone’s.we were 8 and he asked us to decide and tell him any 4 people’s name whom he must hire among us.
My suggestion: Plz study about your minor project, training properly. Don’t panic. Try to be expressive, do not finish your ans in one word. Do not let the interviewer over power you. they frame question from what you speak so try to ans in such a manner so that even if he asks you question from out of context, you may be able to drive him toward your stronger field and yes, have knowledge about the recent technologies, happenings.Be prepared for real time situations.
All the best! 🙂
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.