In this article we will learn how to Objects on dashboard in tableau.
- Tableau : Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- Dashboard : A dashboard could also be a set of several views, letting you compare a selection of data simultaneously. For example, if you’ve got a group of views that you simply review a day , you’ll create a dashboard that displays all the views directly , instead of navigate to separate worksheets.
Steps to create objects on Dashboard:
1. Open Tableau tool and click on Show start Page.
2. Click on square+ sign to open a new dashboard.
3. You will find some dashboard objects as given :
4. To use an object, click on the available objects.
In this example we will show how to add a web page to dashboard.
In this example we will show how to use different features (edit url, and specially the floating nature) given for a web page object in a dashboard.
Similarly, here we can illustrate the use of image object in dashboard.
Below is an example which illustrates the use of multiple objects (here image, webpage and text) in a single dashboard.
One can remove the object by clicking on cross sign or click on remove from dashboard followed by clicking down arrow.