Given a 2-D matrix, we need to find sum of all elements present in matrix ?
Input : arr = [[1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6], [2, 1, 2]] Output : Sum = 26
This problem can be solved easily using two for loops by iterating whole matrix but we can solve this problem quickly in python using map() function.
What does map() do?
The map() function applies a given function to each item of an iterable(list, tuple etc.) and returns a list of the results. For example see given below example :
[1, 4, 9, 16]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Prefix sum array in Python using accumulate function
- Python | Ways to convert array of strings to array of floats
- Python | Flatten a 2d numpy array into 1d array
- Python | Multiply 2d numpy array corresponding to 1d array
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- array get() function in C++ STL
- Python | int() function
- Python map() function
- Python | How to get function name ?
- sum() function in Python
- Help function in Python
- Python | dir() function
- ord() function in Python
- Python | cmp() function
- Python | hex() function