Given a 2-D matrix, we need to find sum of all elements present in matrix ?
Input : arr = [[1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6], [2, 1, 2]] Output : Sum = 26
This problem can be solved easily using two for loops by iterating whole matrix but we can solve this problem quickly in python using map() function.
What does map() do?
The map() function applies a given function to each item of an iterable(list, tuple etc.) and returns a list of the results. For example see given below example :
[1, 4, 9, 16]
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Map function and Dictionary in Python to sum ASCII values
- Python | Plotting Google Map using gmplot package
- Python | Get a google map image of specified location using Google Static Maps API
- Python | Plotting Google Map using folium package
- Python | Plotting Data on Google Map using pygmaps package
- Python | Reverse Geocoding to get location on a map using geographic coordinates
- Plotting World Map Using Pygal in Python
- Map function and Lambda expression in Python to replace characters
- Python map function to find row with maximum number of 1's
- Python map function | Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Python map() function
- Python - pass multiple arguments to map function
- Sort a 2D vector diagonally using Map Data Structure
- Python lambda (Anonymous Functions) | filter, map, reduce
- Python script to open a Google Map location on clipboard
- Python Map | Length of the Longest Consecutive 1's in Binary Representation of a given integer
- Python | pandas.map()
- Python PIL | ImagePath.Path.map() method
- Python - Map vs List comprehension
- Python: Map VS For Loop