Given a string S, c1 and c2. Replace character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1.
Input : str = 'grrksfoegrrks' c1 = e, c2 = r Output : geeksforgeeks Input : str = 'ratul' c1 = t, c2 = h Output : rahul
We have existing solution for this problem in C++ please refer Replace a character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1 in a string S link. We will solve this problem quickly in Python using Lambda expression and map() function. We will create a lambda expression where character c1 in string will be replaced by c2 and c2 will be replaced by c1 and other will remain same, then we will map this expression on each character of string and will get updated string.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python | Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times using Lambda expression and reduce function
- Lambda expression in Python to rearrange positive and negative numbers
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Lambda expression
- Python | Replace characters after K occurrences
- Python | Replace multiple characters at once
- Nested Lambda Function in Python
- Replace minimal number of characters to make all characters pair wise distinct
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python - Using lambda function
- Python lambda
- Overuse of lambda expressions in Python
- Python | sympy.Lambda() method
- Python Lambda with underscore as an argument
- Lambda and filter in Python Examples
- replace() in Python to replace a substring
- Python | Find fibonacci series upto n using lambda
- Python Program to Sort the list according to the column using lambda
- Python lambda (Anonymous Functions) | filter, map, reduce
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
- Python - Replace Non-None with K
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.