Given a positive integer n, count the total number of set bits in binary representation of all numbers from 1 to n.
Input: n = 3 Output: 4 Binary representations are 1, 2 and 3 1, 10 and 11 respectively. Total set bits are 1 + 1 + 2 = 4. Input: n = 6 Output: 9 Input: n = 7 Output: 12 Input: n = 8 Output: 13
- Write a function which first converts number into binary using bin(num) function and returns count of set bits in it.
- Map user defined function on list of numbers from 1 to n and we will get list of individual count of set bits in each number.
- Sum up count of all set bits.
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to N | Set 3
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
- Count total unset bits in all the numbers from 1 to N
- Python Bin | Count total bits in a number
- Count total bits in a number
- Python | Count set bits in a range
- Python | Count unset bits in a range
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- Check if bits of a number has count of consecutive set bits in increasing order
- Print numbers having first and last bits as the only set bits
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
- Python program to count positive and negative numbers in a list
- Sum of numbers with exactly 2 bits set
- Count of even set bits between XOR of two arrays
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.