We are given a sentence of english language(can also contain digits), we need to compute and print the sum of ASCII values of characters of each word in that sentence.
Input : GeeksforGeeks, a computer science portal for geeks Output : Sentence representation as sum of ASCII each character in a word: 1361 97 879 730 658 327 527 Total sum -> 4579 Here, [GeeksforGeeks, ] -> 1361, [a] -> 97, [computer] -> 879, [science] -> 730 [portal] -> 658, [for] -> 327, [geeks] -> 527 Input : I am a geek Output : Sum of ASCII values: 73 206 97 412 Total sum -> 788
This problem has existing solution please refer Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence link. We will solve this problem quickly in python using map() function and Dictionary data structures. Approach is simple,
- First split all words in sentence separated by space.
- Create a empty dictionary which will contain word as key and sum of ASCII values of it’s characters as value.
- Now traverse list of splitted words and for each word map ord(chr) function on each character of current word and them calculate sum of ascii values of each character of current word.
- While traversing each word map sum of ascii values on it’s corresponding word in resultant dictionary created above.
- Traverse splitted list of words and print their corresponding ascii value by looking up into resultant dictionary.
# Function to find sums of ASCII values of each
# word in a sentence in
# split words separated by space
# create empty dictionary
# calculate sum of ascii values of each word
# map sum and word into resultant dictionary
# iterate list of splited words in order to print
# sum of ascii values of each word sequentially
'Sum of ASCII values:'
'Total Sum -> '
# Driver program
'I am a geek'
Sum of ASCII values: 1361 97 879 730 658 327 527 Total sum -> 4579
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up