Security Management System (ISMS) is defined as an efficient method to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. The security management system is a very broad area that is generally include everything from the supervision of security guards at malls and museums to the installation of high-tech security management systems is generally made to protect an organization’s data. The read on to learn more about this field and get examples of the types of security management in place today.
Feature of Security Management System:
- Security management relates to the physical safety of buildings, people and products.
- Security management is the identify the organization’s assets.
- Generally Security Management System is provided to any enterprises uses for security management and procedures as information classification, risk assessment, and risk analysis to identify threats, categorize assets, and rate .
Importance of security management:
There are some important of security management which is generally provided to any organization and which are given below:
- Intellectual Property:
There are principle reasons that organizations formalize an innovation management program is to gain a competitive edge on the competition. Although if the initial ideation phases are open to everyone, a lot of work goes into developing and refining those ideas and that refinement is often the difference between an incremental idea and a transformative one and the companies don’t protect those later stage refinement activities, then they could lose the competitive edge they gain by instituting an innovation management program in the first place.
- Data Integrity:
Security Management systems confidence in lots of data to help prioritize and validate initiatives and generally we could be talking about votes and comments on ideas, ROI data, and beyond. If security management systems aren’t secure, this data could be stripped or tampered with. It will simple to make an idea or project appear more popular or more valuable if the system can be gamed.
- Personally Identifiable Information:
All who participates in a security management program shares at least their personal information in order to log on to the system and where privacy is everything – security management systems are provided to protect all their users as a matter of course.
- System Interconnectivity:
Generally, security management software interacts with a variety of other systems like project management, social software, and beyond, etc. Frailness in one system can lead to frailness in others, which is why any security management system has to be equal to the systems with which it interacts.
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Information System and Security
- Database Management System - Introduction | Set 1
- Database Management System | ER Model
- Database Management System | Lossless Decomposition
- Database Management system | Relational Algebra
- Database Management System | Aggregate functions in SQL
- Federated database management system issues
- Database Management System | Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Database Management System Introduction | Set 2 (3-Tier Architecture)
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- What is Information Security?
- Need Of Information Security
- API Keys and their security
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.