Prerequisite – Information Security, Threats to Information Security
The Information System is an integrated set of the component for collecting, storing, processing and communicating information. Business firm and other organization on the information system to manage their operation in the marketplace supply service and augment personals lives.
Types of information system:
There are two types of the information system which are given below: General purpose information system, and Specialized information system.
- General purpose information system:
There are some general types of information system .for example a database management system(DBMS) is a combination of software and data that makes it possible to organize and analyze data. Database management system software is typically not designed to work with a specific organization or a specific type of analysis.
- Specialized information system:
In contrast, there is a number of a specialized information system that has been specifically designed to support a particular process within an organization or to carry out very specific analysis task.
Example: Enterprise resource planning (ERP) (used to integrate management of information system across an entire organization)
The number of smart phone devices capable of offering internet technology and experience rivaling dekstop computer standards is growing at a fast pace. Security and privacy concern for mobile devices rival or go beyond similar concern for a laptop computer as mobile device are even more mobile by nature and are less likely to be managed by an organization.
In order to ensure security, it is necessary to provide at least the following services, which are given below.
It is act of determinig whether an (authenticate) entity has the right to execute action.
An auditing service providing a history of action that can be used to determine what (if anything) went wrong and what caused it to go wrong.
- Physical authentication:
Some firm of authentication such as an object (a key or a smart card ) or a personal characteristic like a fingerprint, retinal pattern, hand geometry.
- Data Confidentiality:
It protects against disclosure of any data while in transit and is provided by encryption of data.
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Principle of Information System Security
- Principal of Information System Security : History
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- What is Information Security?
- Need Of Information Security
- Information Security | Integrity
- Top 5 Information Security Breaches
- Vulnerabilities in Information Security
- Information Security | Confidentiality
- Threats to Information Security
- Availability in Information Security
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Digital Forensics in Information Security
- Approaches to Information Security Implementation
- Message Digest in Information security
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.