Database Management System (DBMS) is a set of program that allows access, retrieval and use of that data by considering appropriate security measures. The database Management system (DBMS) is really useful for better data integration and its security.
Advantage of Database Management System (DBMS):
Some of them are given as following below.
- Better Data Transferring:
Database management creates a place where users have an advantage of more and better managed data. Thus making it possible for end-users to have a quick look and to respond fast to any changes made in their environment.
- Better Data Security:
As number of users increases data transferring or data sharing rate also increases thus increasing the risk of data security. It is widely used in corporation world where companies invest money, time and effort in large amount to ensure data is secure and is used properly. A Database Management System (DBMS) provide a better platform for data privacy and security policies thus, helping companies to improve Data Security.
- Better data integration:
Due to Database Management System we have an access to well managed and synchronized form of data thus it makes data handling very easy and gives integrated view of how a particular organization is working and also helps to keep a track on how one segment of the company affects other segment.
- Minimized Data Inconsistency:
Data inconsistency occurs between files when different versions of the same data appear in different places.
For Example, data inconsistency occurs when a student name is saved as “John Wayne” on a main computer of school but on teacher registered system same student name is “William J. Wayne”, or when the price of a product is $86.95 in local system of company and its National sales office system shows the same product price as $84.95.
So if a database is properly designed then Data inconsistency can be greatly reduced hence minimizing data inconsistency.
- Faster data Access:
The Data base management system (DBMS) helps to produce quick answers to database queries thus making data accessing faster and more accurate. For example, to read or update the data. For example, end users, when dealing with large amounts of sale data, will have enhanced access to the data, enabling faster sales cycle.
Some queries may be like:
- What is the increase of the sale in last three months?
- What is the bonus given to each of the salespeople in last five months?
- How many customers have credit score of 850 or more?
- Better decision making:
Due to DBMS now we have Better managed data and Improved data accessing because of which we can generate better quality information hence on this basis better decisions can be made.
Better Data quality improves accuracy, validity and time it takes to read data.
DBMS does not guarantee data quality, it provides a framework to make it is easy to improve data quality .
- Increased end-user productivity:
The data which is available with the help of combination of tools which transform data into useful information, helps end user to make quick, informative and better decisions that can make difference between success and failure in the global economy.
Data base management system (DBMS) gives simple and clear logical view of data. Many operations like insertion, deletion or creation of file or data are easy to implement.
- Personnel involved in Database Management System
- Introduction of DBMS (Database Management System) | Set 1
- Federated database management system issues
- Database Management System | Dependency Preserving Decomposition
- Advantages of Distributed database
- Perl | Database management using DBI
- Database Management Systems | Set 7
- Database Management Systems | Set 6
- Database Management Systems | Set 8
- Database Management Systems | Set 9
- Database Management Systems | Set 11
- Database Management Systems | Set 5
- Database Management Systems | Set 4
- Database Management Systems | Set 1
- Database Management Systems | Set 3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.