Most of the candidates – be they freshers, or experienced have this question: why they are not getting calls from good companies? For freshers, it’s difficult to mention their key skillset or get a job interview call due to not having any experience in the industry. A lot of candidates are unaware of whether their resumes match the job description or not or how to build a good portfolio quickly using online resources. Which comes to another question they wander: “Which resume-building resources are available online for free that can create a perfect resume without much hassle?”
In this article, we’ll discuss the top Resume Building Resources and Tips that you need to ace interviews. Before that let’s understand what is resume resources.
What are Resume Resources?
Imagine you’re getting ready to apply for your dream job, but you’re not sure where to start with your resume. That’s where resume resources come in! Think of them as your trusty sidekicks on your quest to land your dream job.
- Resume Templates are like your own personal resume designer, helping you lay out your information in a way that looks polished and professional. With templates, you can say goodbye to the stress of figuring out where to put each section of your resume – they’ve got you covered.
- Resume Builders are tools that take the burden off your shoulder to create a resume from scratch within 10 minutes and that too – ATS-proof. With a resume builder, you don’t have to worry about formatting, organizing your information, or making sure your resume is ATS (Applicant Tracking System) compliant – it does all that for you! In just a few clicks, a resume builder can help you choose from a variety of professionally designed templates, input your information, and generate a polished and effective resume that’s optimized for getting past the automated screening systems used by many companies.
- Tips are like insider knowledge, giving you an edge over other job applicants. They offer suggestions on how to make your resume stand out from the crowd, such as highlighting your most impressive accomplishments or customizing your resume to fit the specific job or industry you’re targeting.
In short, resume resources are your secret weapon when it comes to crafting an outstanding resume. They’ll help you create a document that not only showcases your skills and experience but also captures the attention of hiring managers and gets you one step closer to your dream job. Now let’s look at the best resume resources and tips to build a resume that can impress recruiters in no time.
6 FREE Resume Builders in 2023
A recruiter only takes 10-15 seconds to scan a resume and some companies use Applicant Tracking System (ATS) machines that help the recruiters to filter some good resumes. So it’s very important to build a good resume or portfolio which can be helpful to get the interview call. Let’s see some useful resources to build a good portfolio where developers can put information, projects, and experiences about themselves:
GeeksforGeeks Online Resume Builder is a fantastic free online resume-building resource for creating a professional-looking resume. With its simple user interface, you can easily input your basic information and choose from a variety of templates to design your own portfolio. The platform also offers a free sample resume to give you an idea of how to create an effective one.
You can select the format that best fits your preferences and with just a click, generate a custom-made resume in a matter of minutes. Whether you’re an IT expert or not, GeeksforGeeks Online Resume Builder makes it easy to build a standout resume that can help you land your dream job.
GeeksforGeeks Online Resume Builder
Novoresume is an online resume builder. It is an excellent resume-building resource for creating a professional and effective resume quickly and easily. With its user-friendly platform, you can choose from a variety of visually appealing templates that are optimized for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Novoresume offers both free and premium plans, with the premium plan offering additional features such as cover letter and CV customization, as well as the ability to download your resume as a PDF or DOCX file.
Zety is an excellent online resume builder that offers a variety of tools to help job seekers create a professional-looking resume, cover letter, and CV. With over 18 templates to choose from, you can easily find a design that fits your style and preferences. The platform also offers a range of helpful features, such as a content analyzer and a spell checker, to ensure that your resume is optimized for Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and free of errors.
In addition to its free templates, Zety also offers premium templates that come with additional features, such as the ability to customize colors and fonts.
4. Resume Genius
Resume Genius is your go-to resume-building resource for crafting a standout resume that gets noticed. With its range of ATS-friendly templates and helpful features like a resume checker and keyword optimizer, you can create a professional-looking resume that makes it past the initial screening process and into the hands of a human recruiter.
Resume.io is a user-friendly resume builder that offers a range of customizable templates to help you create a standout resume in minutes. Its focus on ATS optimization ensures that your resume will get past initial screening systems, while its features, such as a spell-checker, make it easy to create a polished document.
6. My Perfect Resume
My Perfect Resume is a comprehensive resume builder that offers a variety of tools to help you create a professional and effective resume. With its range of customizable templates and helpful features like a keyword optimizer and a cover letter builder, you can easily craft a resume that catches the attention of recruiters. Its focus on ATS optimization ensures that your resume makes it past the initial screening process and into the hands of a hiring manager.
With My Perfect Resume, you can easily create a standout resume that goes beyond the basics. This resource enables you to include optional sections like certifications, accomplishments, and affiliations, making it perfect for those just starting out or transitioning to a new industry.
My Perfect Resume
Resume Tips To Follow
Here are some resume tips you need to follow for getting your resume noticed by hiring recruiters of top companies:
- Use the keywords of the job description in your resume to appear in the search result of the recruiter from the company. ATS – the robot with obsession over keywords will definitely try to find the keyword you’re targeting for.
- Use bullet points in your resume.
- Save your resume in PDF format and always send it in PDF format to companies.
- If possible showcase your Github Profile, any online link for projects, or LinkedIn profile in your resume.
- Do not use the word ‘I’ in your resume.
- Depending on the country, you might need to include a photo in your resume. Make sure it is professional, on a plain background, and with no distracting elements on it.
- Do not fake anything on your resume and it also shouldn’t have any buzzwords which describe that you are great among all the developers, sometimes it makes a negative impact on the recruiter.
- Do not use more than 2 colors in your resume. For better format use always black and blue colors.
- Describe what you did earlier in your projects and what was the end result or what was the impact like how performance was improved for the site or customers experience improved or visitors increased because of the transition to the production service.
- Only include relevant skills in your resume, be precise and clear.
- The candidate can also attach the cover letter or write an email to the recruiter of the company.
If you have better suggestions about the products/services/tools/brands listed above or feel like something missing, please Contact Us
and share your suggestions.