Given a text file. The task is to read the text from the file character by character.
Parameters: An integer value specified the lenght of data to be read from the file.
Return value: Returns the read bytes in form of a string.
Examples 1: Suppose the text file looks like this.
Example 2: REading more than one charactes at a time.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python program to read file word by word
- How to read from a file in Python
- Read a file line by line in Python
- Upload file and read its content in cherrypy python
- Read List of Dictionaries from File in Python
- How to read Dictionary from File in Python?
- Read JSON file using Python
- How to read a CSV file to a Dataframe with custom delimiter in Pandas?
- Python program to reverse the content of a file and store it in another file
- Python | OpenCV program to read and save an Image
- Python program to read CSV without CSV module
- reStructuredText | .rst file to HTML file using Python for Documentations
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Python - Get file id of windows file
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- MoviePy – Getting Original File Name of Video File Clip
- PYGLET – Opening file using File Location
- PyCairo - Saving SVG Image file to PNG file
- Python | Read csv using pandas.read_csv()
- Python | os.read() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.