Puzzle : (Distance) There is one scooter which has 2 tyres and one Stepney (i.e. total of 3 tyres). Each tyre can run up to maximum of 5 km. How long will the scooter run?
First, ride scooter for 2.5 km and change the 1st tyre with Stepney.
Now km remaining for 1st tyre is 2.5 km , 2nd tyre is 2.5 km and Stepney is 5 km
Again ride scooter for 2.5km and this time change 2nd tyre with 1st tyre.
Now km remaining for 1st tyre is 2.5 km, 2nd tyre is 0 km and Stepney is 2.5 km
Now ride 2.5km with remaining 1st tyre and Stepney.
Total = 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 7.5km
Puzzle : (Time and Work ) There is a room with two doors. One door empties the room in 6 minutes and the other one empties the room in 3 minutes. If both were open, how long would it take to empty the room ?
Door 1 takes 6 minutes to empty the room i.e.
1 min —— 1/6 empty
Thus, Door 1 can empty 1/6th of the people in a minute.
Door 2 takes 3 minutes to empty the room i.e.
1 min —— 1/3 empty
Thus, door 2 can empty 1/3rd of the people in a minute.
Therefore in 1 minute, both doors together can empty 1/6 + 1/3 = 1/2 of the people.
So it would take 1 more minute to evacuate the remaining 1/2 of the people.
Therefore, it takes 2 minutes to empty the room with both doors open.
This article is contributed by ADITI SAINI. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle | Minimum distance for Lizard
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle | Find The Probability of Distance in a Square
- Puzzles | (Age, Time and Distance, Guess the Word, Mystery)
- Puzzle | Best time to escape
- Puzzle | Minimum time required to make N Pancakes
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)